My favorite candy at Christmastime is English Toffee. I have tried many types and varieties and love them all. So the prospect of making toffee was very appealing.
Brock was the chief stirrer and temperature watcher. He stirred the toffee dutifully while I prepared the cookie sheets, one with nuts for me and the nut lovers in the family and one with no nuts for Boyd and the non-nut lovers.
Brock carefully poured the hot toffee over the nuts and then on the plain cookie sheet. It looked heavenly. Then I sprinkled milk chocolate chips over the top and let them melt. The toffee was complete and just needed to set up.
I took it home to share with the family and consumed it myself almost single-handedly. Embarrassing! It was enjoyed by other family members when they had the opportunity to beat me to it.
After the candy is finished, posing with my mom and my two girls.
I never thought to take a picture of our delicacy but this one is pretty close to what we made. Read it or eat it and weep!

Thanks mom for the invitation.
No comments:
Post a Comment