Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simplification- - -Step One

I have a part-time job. Actually, I have three part-time jobs but I am going to focus on one of them.

I have traced cephalometric x-rays for an orthodontist for 23 years. By tracing x-rays, I have been able to put braces on all 4 of my children and have some extra spending money besides.

However, as life goes along, it is becoming increasingly difficult to sit down and trace. It is tedious and time consuming and hard on my eyes.

My first step in simplifying this year was to call Dr. Poole and quit my job. It was very hard for me to take this step because it is a steady paycheck that I will not have anymore.

But, once I finished the phone call, I felt free and joyful. January 31st is my last day to trace x-rays.

Just for memories, I have included a picture of an x-ray, my light board and tools of the trade.

This is what the finished product looks like. I trace the profile of the face and the bones in the head and then measure angles for the doctor to make a diagnosis.

I have so much gratitude to my employers for this opportunity I have been given. Thank you so much.

3 comments:

Amylee said...

Isn't it amazing how we are so grateful for little jobs that allow us to help with income while being able to still stay home with our kids? I know right now I have never been so grateful for babysitting. But, one day, I will be excited to quit that, too! Your job looks tedious and I'm sure your eyes will thank you.

Rindy said...

Wow, Marc I'm proud of you for making the changes you want. Happy Simplification!

Material Mary said...

Sad to say goodbye to some things, but when it is time, it is time. May this de-clutterization in your life make room for things you really want to do and enjoy!!
Mary