Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Green Rubber Dams

This is what I did today. I was privileged to have a bright green rubber dam on my lower right #29,30, and 31 teeth. Don't worry if you don't know what that means because I didn't either until I heard it said tons of times. Basically, the numbers stand for certain teeth, in this case my lower right molars and premolar.

This is what I found out about rubber dams:

Rubber Dental Dam Isolation

Rubber dental dam is used to isolate teeth being treated from the oral environment. It eliminates the possibility of any debris, including tooth or filling particles being swallowed during restorative procedures.

Most patients find it a vast improvement on conventional methods of treatment.


It's true. It is a great improvement to not have dental garbage flicking all around my mouth.


However, I can think of about 1000 things I would have rather been doing today...
1. cleaning my house
2. doing my laundry
3. working in the home office
4. teaching 40 piano lessons
5. scrubbing the oven
6. running the Wasatch Back (for Amylee)
7. giving a talk in church
8. shoveling snow
9. cleaning the cats' litter box
10. scrubbing toilets
And the list goes on.

I should be grateful that we have dentists and can get teeth repaired that need it.

OK, I am grateful.

2 comments:

Rindy said...

Teeth, teeth! I asked Dr Binns if he would just pull all of mine, and he said no.

Material Mary said...

You are a brave one Miss Marciea. Good luck with repairs.
Mary