Boyd and I got up early and went to the church at 8:00 a.m. in order to get a decent seat. I wanted to be able to sit on a soft bench AND see Elder Holland without a telescope.
We were so richly blessed to be there in the same room as an apostle. There was an amazing spirit in the chapel. He spoke to the youth and asked them to tithe their lives to the church from ages 12-22. Then he spoke strongly about the importance of serving a mission. He said that every good thing that has happened to him in his life has come because of his mission.
This meeting can be summed up in one word: FANTASTIC!

The sad part? Court was grossly sick and couldn't come. He missed the whole thing.
I told him that if he had been there, he would have been banging on the bishop's door to start his mission papers that day. Even if he wasn't old enough.
3 comments:
Wow! Lucky you. He is one of my favorite and also one of Stanton's favorites. He calles him Brother Jeffery.
Mary
It really was Fantastic. He was great. So funny and really genuine. Didn't you think?
Hey! That same thing happened to my parents the other day only it was with President Packer. I love Elder Holland. If I could choose a favorite, it would be him :).
Post a Comment