Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sad Day

We have banked with Barnes Bank since we moved to K-Town 18 years ago. I love this bank. I love the people who work there. They have been so kind and friendly and helpful whenever we needed help.

Because of the poor economy, Barnes Bank had to close their doors. On January 15, 2010 the FDIC came in and took over Barnes Bank.

We have had to change our bank for our personal accounts and our businesses. It has been a hassle and has taken us almost 2 weeks to get checks, debit cards and online banking set up. We have been frustrated.

But the overriding feeling that we feel is sadness. I hate to see any business close particularly one such as this that has been a staple in our city for over 100 years.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That's crazy; Barnes Bank has been around my whole life! Sad.