Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's Eve

I know that this post is a little slow, but that's OK with me. I am just working on a lot of things right now.

For New Year's Eve we had our friends, Dave and Adele, over to ring in the new year. We had prepared all kinds of delicious and bad-for-you foods. Our counter overflowed with Pioneer Woman's Jalapeno Poppers, crackers and cheese balls, Christmas goody leftovers, sparkling grape juice and more. Personally, I ate until I was sick.

Our activities of the night included playing Beatles Rock Band, watching a movie, and then playing cards till after midnight. By the end of the card game, we were all delirious but having a great time.

Adele does great on the guitar and Boyd loves to have his inner drummer come out.

This is how Dave and I play Rock Band. We scratch our heads and try to figure it out. I can play the drums on easy and I feel good about that. The guitar? Well, I just struggle.

Happy New Year!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! I love the Pioneer WOman! Isn't she the best! I love how many fun things you do with Dave and Adele--they are great -- and so are the two of you! Happy New Year

The Tomlinsons said...

Nothing better then playing some video games. Looks like you had a great time. Happy New Years

Material Mary said...

Love love love the Pioneer Woman's cookbook--I'm sure I'll gain weight if I have these too often.
Mary

Amylee said...

The drums are the hardest! I think you just need to give the guitar a good go for a few hours and you'll be a champ :)