Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Treehouse Museum

It's rare that I get strokes of genius.

My brain just doesn't function that expertly.

But one day, I came across an idea...one that had been percolating quietly in my head and I didn't even realize it.

Quite a while ago, I went to the Ogden Treehouse Museum with my sister, Rose, and her two children.

We had a blast.

Her kids were in heaven. So was I. And the idea was born.

Why not do something fun for Isaac that he or his parents or his grandparents might enjoy?

Why not see if there were memberships available for the Ogden Treehouse Museum?

A few clicks later I discovered that there were, indeed, memberships available for children AND they happened to be on sale!

I quickly purchased a one year membership and called Kalie.

Oh the excitement!

We took Isaac there, set him down on the floor and let go of his little hand.

He took off on a dead run...straight for the train tables.



There are so many fun things to do while you are there.

I think that children find it refreshing that they can touch everything there, run wherever they like and no one tells them NO!

My personal favorite room is the music room. They have drums and xylophones and other instruments that children can experiment playing with.

It is a cacophony for your ears, but a total delight for your heart.

I loved watching Isaac crawl through the log.


There is a room that has a table full of castle pieces, horses, knights, princesses and trees that would spark the imagination of any person.


So if you are looking for something interesting for your young children to do this summer, try the Ogden Treehouse Museum!

And make sure that you finish your visit with a trip to the Farr Better Ice Cream shop for a cone.

2 comments:

Material Mary said...

Looks like y'all had a great time...
Mary

Jenn said...

We love the Ogden Treehouse Museum. We stopped by there on our way to Mike's family reunion a couple summers ago. It was great. We also went up to the dinosaur museum too. Isaac is so cute. I remember those wooden train days :(