For example:
I am a little psychotic about Yogi being alone too long. If I am going to be gone for more than 4-5 hours I get a babysitter.
I know!
It's ridiculous!
But it's worth my peace of mind.
I have also learned about things like brushing dog's teeth (which I have done once), taking them for walks, feeding them the most nutritious food possible (Isaac's crumbs), finding out that they like the most comfortable blankets in the house, and taking them to the vet.
One day my neighbor told me about how she gives her dog heartworm medicine. I got all nervous and asked what that was. She explained that it is a monthly medication that you give your dog to prevent worms from growing in their hearts.
Yipes!
Does that really happen?
So I dutifully took my dog to the vet.
He was a very good dog.
He got a shot and didn't move.
He got medicine up his nose. He did move for that...he hated it.
And he got some blood drawn to test for heartworm disease.
When he was done, he scuttled across the table as fast as he could into the safety of my arms. He was not going to be poked and prodded anymore if he could help it.
I had to wait until the next day to find out if he had heartworm disease. I was a little worried. After all, he had never been on heartworm medication to my knowledge.
The phone call finally came:
No heartworm disease!
I was so relieved.
Now all I have to do is remember to give him his medicine once a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment