Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dance Recital

Alyssa started dance lessons this past March. She was in a ballet and jazz class on Saturday mornings. They worked on the "Sleeping Beauty" ballet and a cool jazz dance number. Considering the fact that Alyssa started late in the year, she did quite well in the recital. It was enjoyable to go and watch all of these talented girls perform.
Kalie, as a side note, the prince was Nick Siler. He did a pretty good job leaping and jumping around the stage. I didn't know he knew ballet. He made a great prince.

Getting ready to leave.

Alyssa as a "farendahl" (sp) in the "Sleeping Beauty" ballet.

The curtain call at the end of the "Sleeping Beauty" ballet.

Alyssa doing her jazz dance.

Sorry the pictures are dark, they were the best I could get.

3 comments:

kalie said...

Great job, Alyssa! I hope Mom videotaped it so I can watch it. You'll have to perform for me when you come to AZ. That's neat about Nick! He is actually a fantastic dancer, so I'm not surprised! :)

The Tomlinsons said...

WOW! That is really great. I think it is neat that she is doing dance. I think we might put Leah in some dance classes. She always talks about doing them.

Material Mary said...

Looks like a fun performance. Hope she had fun!! We missed you on Monday. We went up to the new quilt store in Preston, Suppose. What a treat!!
Mary