Sunday, May 31, 2009

Creekside Fun Run

Every year our ward does a Creekside Together Run. There are two routes available, a 5k or a 1 mile walk/run. Boyd and I have always been out of town when they've had it before so this is the first time I was able to participate. I even bought a new shirt for the event.
I decided to try the 5k. I had practiced a couple of times to see if I could still run that far and was able to....barely. The race started off fairly easy but about 3/4 of the way through the route went up this awful hill. I thought I might just die before I was on flat land again. I did finish the race, thinking that I was almost last, but Boyd told me I was the second or third woman my age who crossed the finish line.
Surprisingly, I even won a prize, chapstick and a package of trail mix!

After the race we enjoyed a tasty pancake breakfast made by the scouts....yum!

The whole group...

Waiting to go while receiving last minute instructions and directions.

Crossing the finish line.

4 comments:

Material Mary said...

Way to go. I do not enjoy running enough to even try out something like this. I'm glad you did it just for the satisfaction of it all.
Mary

RP said...

How fun! Congrats girl!!! So fun to run!

Amy

bevany said...

Good for you to do it. We thought about it...but it was a little too early in the morning.

Rindy said...

Yahoo! Good job!