Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Love

Yes, it's true. I have found a new love - a book called "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". Kalie recommended it to me when she came over Christmas. How good can it be?, I thought to myself. I put my name on the waiting list at the library and last week I was able to pick it up. When I opened it and discovered that it was a novel composed of letters from different people to each other, I was less than enchanted. However, my curiosity got the best of me and I began the discovery process. What I found is a book rich in delight, character development and love. I want Juliet to be my new friend.

Read it! You'll love it.

A picture of my newest love..........isn't it wonderful?

6 comments:

Material Mary said...

Sounds fun. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!!
Have a good day....Mary

RP said...

I have never heard of it but it seems like one I'd love! Thanks for the info!

kalie said...

how good can it be? yikes... i guess some of my book recommendations to you have gone by the wayside... :P BTW, I'm supposed to tell you to go vote for the bookclub book this month. i kinda fell of the bus with it because they kept picking stuff i already had read, but this month there are actually 2 on the list i didn't know. ;0)

bevany said...

I'm always looking for a good book to read. Thanks for the idea.
Robertscrafts.com... click on coupon at the top, you type your name in and you get to print a coupon. They usually have two different ones if you look at their ad. Oh and seriously? How can you not LOVE the Kaysville theatre? I guess I don't want to know the behind the scenes stuff.

Jenn said...

I'm going to look into this. I started to read Brinsingr and I'm really having a tough time. I guess I just felt obligated to read the third since I'd read the other two. I need something fun and fresh.

The Tomlinsons said...

I think it is so great you can read so much! I would love to but I am always so behind on everything! I hope to some day catch up...that is if I ever get to bring my stuff from Utah.
At least we get to come up next week and collect some of my stuff.