I was so excited. I thought it might be fun to make an Easter craft that I found in the Woman's Day magazine.
We painted and glued while Isaac rolled around on blankets we had brought into the kitchen. It was such fun.
This is the end product:
Definitely springlike and cheerful, don't you think?
Later that day, after Alyssa got home from piano lessons I sent the girls to the mall for some sister time and shopping.
I had big plans for me and Isaac while they were gone.
I decided to go visit my neighbor, Adele, to show him off and take Yogi with us for a short walk.
I set off happily down the street with Isaac in one arm and Yogi's leash in the other hand.
As I neared my neighbor's house, HER neighbor had their dog tied up outside. He had been barking all afternoon and when we walked past, he went crazy.
Yogi also went crazy.
I sort of half dragged him away and went into Adele's house.
All was calm until Adele looked at Isaac.
He wrinkled up his little nose and started crying. Hard.
I turned him around so he couldn't see her and tried to carry on a conversation.
Isaac kept turning around to see if she was still there and when she was, he would start crying all over again.
I finally left with Isaac in one arm and Yogi on the other.
It was such a beautiful day that I decided to walk up the block a bit and then turn around and come home.
My neighbor up the street happened to be doing a little yard cleanup and I stopped and chatted with her.
Isaac took one look at her and started bawling again. Loud.
We tried to continue our conversation but it is a little distracting to have a baby crying in your ears while you are trying to talk.
I decided I had better go home.
As luck would have it, her son had taken their dog for a walk and was just coming up the street.
Knowing Yogi, I walked a ways away from the sidewalk so he wouldn't be tempted to chew the other dog's leg off.
This is how it played out:
Yogi went ballistic barking and charging at the neighbor's dog, Isaac was screaming louder by the second and I am trying to walk home and drag Yogi with me.
My next-door neighbor, Tim, saw me and thought that this poor, deranged woman should probably receive some neighborly help.
He ran over and said, "I'll take the dog."
Well, Yogi HATES men and teenage boys and will try to eat them alive.
Tim took the leash and Yogi was running around his legs trying to nip his ankles; Isaac is crying and I just want to get in the house as quickly as possible.
By the time I got in the door, Isaac had crocodile tears streaming down his face and his nose was running out of both nostrils. He was traumatized.
After wiping his nose and tears, I wrapped him in his blanket, got Sheldon, his monkey, and his binkie and I sat down in the rocking chair for a little rest.
I have since decided that I need a stroller to put Isaac in and I will be more selective as to what I do and who I speak to when I go for a walk.
The end.
3 comments:
Too funny. Dogs are definately their own creatures...Isaac was probably traumatized by the whole dog deal...babies--unpredictable--dogs even more unpredictable..
Mary
Oh dear. I think you should probably get a double stroller--put Yogi in one side and Isaac in the other. BA HA!
Hee hee, that was funny!!! Stuff like that happens to me on a daily basis, it seems! (It's not funny when it happens to me, though!) I feel your pain...
Post a Comment