Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Jamba Juice Faux-Pas


Last Saturday night Boyd and I took Alyssa and her friend to Jamba Juice so we could get some smoothies.

As we walked in we noticed one customer who was just standing there, waiting for a smoothie, I guess.

Boyd and I walked up to the clerk and gave her our order and then Alyssa and her friend, Tony, put in their order.

After a few minutes, they called the name of our chosen smoothie,a strawberry surf-rider.

Boyd and I walked up to the counter and asked them to put it into two glasses which they did.

We started drinking our "strawberry surf-rider" and thought that it tasted quite different AND that it wasn't the same color as usual.

A few minutes later, they called Tony's name, and poured their smoothie in 2 glasses.

Then they called Boyd's name.

Boyd and I looked at each other in horror.

We had taken someone else's smoothie. Probably the girl who was waiting when we walked in.

And since we had ordered "strawberry surf-rider" we had to pick that one up also.

Embarrassing!!

We got a free smoothie.

Not on purpose, I might add.

And the poor girl whose smoothie we so thoughtlessly consumed had to wait for another.

5 comments:

Amylee said...

Ba ha ha! You're a horrible person ;)

Linn said...

Hahaha! That is funny, at least for those of us reading about it. And only because it was an accident. You would think they would have called out a name the first time, not the type of smoothie.

Material Mary said...

Way to take someone else's drink...This is a common mistake that happens in the fast food industry--your gain is someone else's loss...Enjoy your free smoothie...
Mary

The Tomlinsons said...

Hee hee that's funny! I couldn't imagine you actually stealing a smoothie on purpose!!!

Alisa and Paul said...

That is a great story! It was so nice to see you at the wedding.