Wednesday, April 20, 2011

John and Rebekah

Last Saturday, April 16, my niece, Rebekah got married in the Provo Temple.

My mom and I drove to Provo together with Dave and Rose following behind.

I felt a bit of pressure leading Dave and Rose to the temple because I barely knew how to get there myself.

I felt a little like the blind leading the blind.

After a few wild last-minute left hand turns, we arrived at the temple in plenty of time.

It was fortunate that we were a little early because Matt, my 3 year-old nephew announced that his tummy hurt. Then, after a few minutes, he announced "I frew up."

Rose had to change him out of his cute church clothes and new black shoes into levi's and a sweatshirt.

This is Kit and Matt giving each other some sugar in front of the temple fountain.

Don't you love Kit's pink cowboy boots?

And, of course, Rose knit Kit's sweater.


John and Rebekah's wedding was so nice.

Rebekah did not stop smiling the entire time she was in the sealing room. It was so fun to see.

The sealer did such a good job.

After the wedding we waited outside until the happy couple came out. Fortunately for all of us, the rain that was coming down earlier that morning had stopped and the sun was peeking out.


Rebekah's favorite color is orange. So, her wedding colors were orange, silver and white.

This is John and Rebekah with my sister, Carolyn and her husband, Ray.


Rebekah made her own bouquet out of orange ribbon and buttons in oranges and whites. She also made John's boutonniere. It was really cool.

She is standing here with her brother, Paul and his baby, Carter.


After a delicious luncheon catered by Cafe Rio, John and Rebekah cut their cake.


They were perfectly polite as they fed each other their wedding cake.

No messy faces, no smudged makeup and no dirty wedding clothes.


All in all it was a lovely day and I am so happy for both of them.

1 comment:

Material Mary said...

Fun pictures of the wedding. Poor Matt, but Kit did look cute in the cowboy boots...
Mary