What DID surprise me, however, was the fact that there was a graduation ceremony and that it was on Sunday night, in Salt Lake, at 7:00.
Those of you who know me well, know that Sunday night I am practically comatose. I put on my comfy clothes, I refuse to cook anything, I lay on the couch and catch up on reading or I play games with the family. Or the Boyd, if the fam won't play.
Dressing up and driving to Salt Lake City is NEVER on my list.
However, since I love my son, and want to show him so, I pulled on my pantyhose, hitched up my slip and put on a skirt.
Brock drove with his friend, Jen, and I followed.
I didn't want to get lost trying to find the Institute Building on a Sunday night. Or ever.
There was a nice meeting in which people spoke about how the Institute has influenced their lives for good.
Their talks were good.
The meeting was short.
And they had refreshments afterwards.
Cookies, veggie trays and the best of all: an ice cream machine!
We Mormons know how to do refreshments!!
Brock stood in line for several minutes to get his diploma. It is very nice.
After the meeting, Brock and I went in opposite directions. He went south and I went north with Jen in tow.
It was nice to get to know Jen a little better.
I really did enjoy myself the entire evening. I'm glad I went.
Congratulations, Brock! I am proud of you.
2 comments:
Congratulations to Brock. That is a wonderful accomplishment.
Mary
People graduate from Institute? Interesting.
Post a Comment