When talking about a graduation gift, Court said that all he wanted was a cruise to the Caribbean.
It wasn't very difficult to convince Boyd and I to take him up on his request.
We wanted to take the entire family. However, cruise ships are very strict as to how far along a pregnant woman can be while cruising.
Since Kalie was too many weeks pregnant for the ships' policy, she and Kevin couldn't go.
We were so sad about it.
The rest of the family was able to go and we invited Alyssa's friend, Jenny, to come along with us to keep Alyssa company.
Our friend, Adele, took us to the airport and took this picture as she dropped us off at the curb.
The self check-in kiosks are so convenient. Boyd checked all of us in and got our boarding passes.
The kids were so excited.
We flew to Miami, arriving at 11:34 p.m.
We took a shuttle to the airport and collapsed into bed.
The next morning we ate breakfast at the hotel and got ready to embark on the ship.
As you enter the ramp going up to the ship, they take a photo of everyone going through. This is our picture.

After going through the embarkation process, we went upstairs to the Lido deck and ate lunch. There was a great variety of food and we tried a lot of it.
When the ship leaves the Miami port it goes out through a long canal. All along the way, people will be standing on the roadside waving to you as you leave.
Also people driving in their cars will wave outside their windows.
It is an air of festivity.
These next few photos are of us standing outside on one of the decks watching the ship leave Miami.
The last piece of land we saw was Miami Beach.
Can I just say that Miami beach is such a beautiful beach? I don't have a picture of it but the water is so lovely and clear and the sand is white.
On this cruise we were able to get a room with a balcony. There was a door going outside to a small balcony.
We could go outside anytime we wanted and listen to the waves and watch the ship pulling in and out of ports.
The sound of the ocean at night is captivating. We would prop our door open and listen to the waves while the ship rocked us to sleep.
This is what we did on the first day.
More coming tomorrow...
6 comments:
I think this is a bucket list thing to do--I'm going to quickly add this to my list of things to do before I die...Stanton comes home tomorrow and speaks Sunday in church. My house is all torn apart and we are in a mess and funniest thing ever, Stanton's bed was torn down and Curtis not thinking sold his bed which was taken apart--too funny. Have a good day.
Mary
You guys are such great parents to let Alyssa bring Jenny. I was a sister with two brothers on many many trips and I always begged for my mom to let me bring a friend and she never would. Alyssa's a lucky girl! Can't wait to see more pictures!
I can't wait to see more posts! I would love to do this with my family. I'm sure Kalie was sad she missed it (but it was for a very very very good reason!).
Oh my word, THANK YOU for telling me about your blog Marciea! I spent quite a while last night looking through it and catching up. Wow, I'm old. Because your kids were very little when we lived there. Thanks again for sharing and I'm so glad to be back in touch with you and Boyd and your wonderful family!
PS. Can't wait for that sweet grandbaby to arrive--happy day!
Estoy muy celosa!! It looks so amazing ... and your shirt turned out super cute! Did you see the cloth flowers they made on Good Things Utah today? They looked easy and suuuuuper cute. We should make some.
What a fun vacation to take with the family! Can't wait to see more pictures. I have never been on a cruise but it is definitely something I want to do.
Post a Comment