Friday, June 4, 2010

Cap and Gown Woes

This is Court's big year for high school graduation.

On Wednesday there was a senior meeting where they received their caps and gowns.

And I got a text from Court the other day that said, "Guess what? I don't have a cap or gown."

I was less than thrilled about it and asked him why. I had paid for it after all.

He didn't know and no one else did either.

He was sent from one person to the next to figure out where his cap and gown was.

They finally found it...in the girl's section.

My next text from him said, "I hate my name."

I feel bad that he has had a stigma of his name being used for girls and boys. Mostly girls.

5 comments:

bevany said...

That's so funny. I didn't even think that it was because of his name. At least he found it right?

Material Mary said...

Tell Courtney he can always go by Jimmy.
Mary

Stacey said...

Poor guy! I bet he is happy to be done with high school though!

Amylee said...

Ha ha ha! Poor Court, but I am seriously laughing my butt off over here!!!!!

kalie said...

Ah, poor Court. Well, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. :)