Thursday, August 13, 2009

Star Light, Star Bright

There has been a meteor shower for 2 nights in a row. We found out about it when we watched the weather Tuesday night. The weatherman on the TV said that there should be 1-2 shooting stars per minute on average if people went out to watch.

Boyd and I went outside that night, laid a thick sleeping bag on the lawn and watched the night sky for an hour. We saw between 8 and 10 shooting stars and several flashes. One of the shooting stars we saw was so bright you could actually see a trail of dust it left behind.

Spectacular!

4 comments:

Material Mary said...

Way cool. Sometimes we need to just take an hour and have nothing to do but watch the sky...
Mary

bevany said...

I heard about this on the news but they said you would have to be up from 2-3 am to see it. I'm guessing that's not when you were watching it though.

Jenn said...

Boy, I had lots of catching up to do on your blog! Don't you just love those starry skies in Utah? We saw the space station zip across the sky when we were in Bryce Canyon. It was awesome. I can't believe Kalie is 25. It makes me kind of sad to see your kids grow up! You guys will have to plan a trip to San Diego while we're here! I'm going to try and post about SD soon!

kalie said...

How luvlee!