Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Baby is 17!

Alyssa celebrated her 17th birthday last week.

It was one of those birthdays that keep on giving.

It all started Saturday night with a birthday burger from Red Robin with Kevin, Kalie, Isaac and Tony.

There aren't many things better than a birthday burger from Red Robin.

Then Boyd and I thought it best to celebrate her birthday at home on Monday evening...two days early.

Boyd had to work late on Alyssa's birthday.

I kept asking Alyssa what she wanted for her birthday dinner, and got no response.

She couldn't decide.

It was up to me.

After stewing and fretting about it for a few hours, I decided to go with PW's Parmesan Chicken and round it out with Apple Crisp.

The birthday girl was thrilled!

After dinner we did our traditional blow out the candles pictures.

It's corny, I know. But I still love to do it.

My kids indulge my fetishes this one time of the year.





I was so excited to give Alyssa's birthday present to her.

Alyssa is really into zebra print right now.

I found some zebra printed sheets and my friend, Adele, found a hot pink, white and black zebra printed comforter set that she told me about.

Boyd and I ran and bought it.

Here's the sheets:

Here's the comforter set.

I love the look on her face:

Disbelief.

We ran upstairs immediately and put the sheets and comforter on her bed.

It looked AWESOME!!!


Now she wants to paint her room. She thought that it might be nice to do a zebra print on the wall.

I put the nix on that one.


It was so fun to wake her up the next morning. She was all comfy and cozy in her bed surrounded by zebra print.

She looked like a princess lying there.

3 comments:

Amylee said...

So fun! Now that I'm old I never get surprises from anyone. It's kind of disappointing, really. Actually- that's not true. My friends give EXCELLENT surprises.

kalie said...

Happy birthday, Sees! Glad we spent some of it together.

Material Mary said...

Happy birthday to Alyssa--Happy Birthday To You.
Mary