Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Barrett Family Reunion

I come from a big family.

I have four sisters and 3 brothers.

I don't know how my mom survived all of us.

Last Saturday we had a family reunion up in Mendon.

My dad was born and raised in Mendon.

We had a lovely lunch with excellent desserts. My mom made her traditional trifle and my sister, Rose, made a carrot cake that I might hurt someone for.

After family business, we heard some stories about my grandparents (my father's parents) that I had never heard before.

It was very enlightening.

My dear mom put together lovely folders with pictures and life histories of my grandpa, Clarence, and my grandma, Martha.

By the way...did you know that my grandma is Martha Stuart?

She is! And I get such a kick out of it!

We played a couple of fun games and worked on a quilt for the humanitarian service and then did pictures.

Trying to round up my family for pictures is a little like rounding up wild mustangs. No one wants them done.

I feel fortunate that I have this picture.


This is most of the Barrett gang.


Me and my sibs.

My favorite part of this picture is my 6' sister standing on her tippy-toes next to my 6' 3" brother who is standing on his tippy-toes.

I think I need to get the scoop on that one.

Don't ask what I am doing. I am standing so weird.

Jon was pushing and shoving Mary and I together and I think I was planting my feet so I didn't fall over.


I belong to a wonderful family and I am so blessed.


1 comment:

Material Mary said...

The reunion was fun wasn't it. The food great...can't wait until next year.
Mary