Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Music to my Ears

Last Thursday night was my annual piano recital.

And, alas, I have no pictures.

I realized that I had forgotten my camera as Alyssa and I tore out of the driveway to take her to piano lessons.

I didn't have time to run in and grab it and find batteries.

Instead I showed up at the library auditorium with nary a minute to spare, went to the front desk to check in and then went to the auditorium to await the librarian.

She helped me get the piano out of the piano closet and after I adjusted it to where I wanted it we were ready to go.

I waited for the students and families to arrive and at 5:30 we started.

This was the best recital I have ever had the pleasure to help my students prepare for. Everyone had their music memorized and some of them played better at the recital than they ever had at my home.

I felt a rosy glow of success all around me as 20 minutes later I thanked everyone for coming and then sent them home.

I love my recitals...20 minutes is how long they are and then you are done.

Perfect for people with short attention spans, like me, which is a subject for another day.

2 comments:

The Tomlinsons said...

I love the 20 minute rule!!! I used to have to sit for 2 hours twice a year for our recitals. Yuck!

bevany said...

Keigan had her first piano recital last week. It was so fun to watch her get nervous for it...just like I used to.