I know that they feel like they just don't measure up to that fictional perfect mother.
I, however, love Mother's Day.
I love the pomp, the circumstance and the praise.
I love that I don't do the dishes on Mother's Day.
I love the fact that my children adore me for at least one minute that day.
I love the chocolate that they hand out in church.
I love listening to the Primary children sing to their mothers.
I love receiving gifts of all sorts. This year I received a kindle, the Best Bites cookbook, and glitter toenails.
What more could I possibly want than reading while eating good food and having beautiful toenails?
Not much.
On Sunday I realized that I had four generations of people sitting at my table eating dinner.
My mother was there, I was there, my daughter was there, and her son was there.
Four beautiful generations of people.
And then the best part of the day...
Court called home from Washington.
I got to talk to my missionary son.

It is a true pleasure and a blessing to talk to your missionary and see how they have grown and changed and matured.
I thank God for my mother who taught me so many valuable character traits and life lessons.
I thank Him for my children who made me a mother and taught me humility and the need to rely on a higher power.

Hopefully I have passed something of value on to them.
And I thank Him for grandchildren. New life. Seeing things through new eyes. New teeth. Tiny arms reaching out for grammy. And seeing my daughter be a mother to the most adorable child ever.
4 comments:
Well, thanks for letting me have a good cry today.
I know you are a good mother and measure up well to everything a mother is supposed to be. I know this because you have raised wonderful, loving, caring, hard working children who serve and care so much for other people.
Thank you for being the best example. I love you.
Happy mothers day to you. Glad you had a wonderful day!!
Mary
love this post and I love you! You are truly a wonderful example in SO many ways!!!
Glad you had a wonderful day, you absolutely deserve it! And I've always been a fan of Mother's Day, not because I consider myself an amazing mother, but because it reminds me how much Heavenly Father loves ALL of His daughters and I'm included in that. All of us are.
Post a Comment