Friday, September 4, 2009

The Dragonfly

The other day as I was watering my flowers outside a dragonfly landed on my thumb. He just sat there and moved his head and looked around, perfectly content. It reminded of Meg Ryan in the movie, "You've Got Mail" where she talks about a butterfly:

"Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway and today - I saw one! It got on at 42nd and off at 59th, where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdale's to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake - as almost all hats are."

I had to shake my hand a bit to get him to fly away but it was fun to see him up close and personal.

3 comments:

Material Mary said...

way to capture nature. It looks great up close!!
Mary

kalie said...

Hi ... sorry we kept missing each other today. I will call you tomorrow. That is one of my favorite lines from YGM!

Amylee said...

I do believe that is one of my favorite movies. I love little moments like that .