Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Homecoming Dance Request

September 19th is Davis High Homecoming Dance. Court really wanted to go. He decided to ask a girl named Sarah to the dance. After much deliberation, this is what he did to ask her out.


He took each letter of his name and cut it into squares and put all the different squares at the bottom of the box underneath the bag of cereal.

Sarah answered him the next day. She gave him a plate of cookies that were decorated with green clovers made out of frosting along with a note that said, "Court, I would be CHARMED to go to the dance with you."

She also told him that it took her a long time to unscramble the letters to find out who was asking her to the dance.

It's so fun to watch your kids grow up and do all the fun things that are available to them.

7 comments:

kalie said...

Absolutely precious! I remember when Clint Satterthwaite asked me to Homecoming like that and I could not unscramble his name... 5 TS!

RP said...

that is such a cute idea! I almost think that's one of the funnest part of the dances --the asking and answering! Good work-

Amy :)

Material Mary said...

Way cute idea. Looks like he has a date!!
Have a fun day
Mary

bevany said...

Fun. I always hated coming up with different ways to ask to a dance. ps, tell Alyssa I had a dream about a tarantula crawling around my floor last night...all thanks to her.

Amylee said...

I love the process that goes into asking people to dances! It was always so much fun and so exciting.

The Tomlinsons said...

That is such a great idea! I hope they have a good time! He is such a good kid.

Jenn said...

Clever idea Court...I'm impressed! You guys had so many fun adventures this summer. The new school year brings plenty of fun adventures too.