Talk about my heart.......it began to beat hard and fast and I was so nervous. I scheduled the biopsy and then waited for 10 long days. I underwent that biopsy 20-30 times in my mind before I actually went in. I had worked myself up to quite a dither about the whole process.
Last Monday I went in the the mammography center at McKay Dee and was shown a video explaining the biopsy. I was pretty nervous. The medical people that were working with me were so kind and compassionate. I made it through the entire procedure with little pain or discomfort.
Well, the test results came back on Friday. NO cancer!!! I am so grateful.
I have written this post in hopes that all who are able to read it will get a mammogram this year if you are the right age, or encourage someone you love to get one. You never know if you will save a life.
This is pretty much how it is getting a mammogram. Some people say it is quite painful but I would classify it as just uncomfortable.

This is not my image but an example from someone else.
5 comments:
You have been quite the trooper with this whole mess. Glad to hear it was a good outcome. By the way, cry baby sold within 24 hours of posting it. How funny is that?
Have a good one.
Mary
Oh my goodness. I had no idea! You are brave to post this. I'm glad to hear it turned out well. My 26 year old sister in law has been going through biopsy after biopsy over the last few months and it has been terrifying. So far so good, but she will most likely be getting tumors removed. So scary.
My heart started racing just reading this! So glad everything was okay!
WOW! I bet that was so stressfull. I am so happy it all worked out. That must have been so terrifying.
I am so glad you are ok! THanks for posting this -- I think it's so good to be informed about this stuff!
Post a Comment