Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The amaryllis!

One of my favorite things at Christmastime is the ability to purchase an amaryllis bulb. You can buy a box with bulb, pot and soil from $5-20. This year I took Alyssa with me and she picked out a "PINK" flower. You will discover, as we did, that this flower is definitely NOT pink! However, it's beauty has delighted us for days.
This is a day by day series of photos showing the progression of blooming.....

You can see the plant is ready to start blooming.

One step closer...........

The first flower to peek out.

Two flowers open; two flowers getting ready to open.

In its full glory!

One of God's most beautiful creations!!!

8 comments:

Savannah said...

Thank you for sharing and capturing simple majesty :)

RP said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!!! I never knew if those worked - I love that -good choice Alyssa! Totally beautiful!

Amy

The Tomlinsons said...

Wow, I'd never heard of these until now. I'll have to try it next year. I love flowers and I can't wait for spring!

Material Mary said...

One of the beautiful miracles of creation. Thanks for sharing that.
Have a great day.
Mary

kalie said...

GORGEOUS. But... it looks pink to me?

bevany said...

That is BEAUTIFUL. I don't think I"ve heard of it, but I think I've seen them before, if that makes sense. I'm glad I inspired your paper crafting. Roberts has a good selection of templates and always has 40% off coupons. Heartland has a lot too, but they rarely have coupons. Don't ever pay full price for them because you can always find a coupon. You are always welcome to borrow mine. I've got some good ones, just let me know.

Reynolds Family said...

My mom gave me an amaryllis last year for my birthday. I loved it. I should really go get another one this year. Sam and Molly now have a new favorite place to play-your driveway. I don't know if you have heard them with their cars. But they like to climb to the top and run down with their cars. Appartently, your driveway is better than ours because it has a slight incline. So, if you hear some noise it's probably just us.

Jenn said...

How great that you captured it's growth each day. Isn't it amazing how something so beautiful can grow in just a few days. If only we were the same. :)