Allright Kalie, this one's for you!!
1 minute ago - I was getting a present ready for a young man in our ward who was married yesterday.
1 hour ago - Our family was just finishing up a tasty meal of chilighetti, beans and pomegranates.
1 day ago - Gee, should I mention that the December issue of Boyd's publication was on the printing presses yesterday and I was there with Boyd to watch it print, OR should I mention the teensy weensy fact that the U SLAUGHTERED the Y? Boyd and I watched the game at our friend's house and I have to admit, I understood some of what was going on..........
1 week ago - Boyd and I spent the weekend in Eden at our friend's timeshare condo. We came home early Sunday morning. It was relaxing and fun!
1 year ago - Well, it was a momentous day a year ago because we had been in the middle of a kitchen and living room remodel for 2 months and I got my stove AND fridge back in the kitchen. Talk about gratitude at Thanksgiving time.
4 years ago - I couldn't resist. I changed this from 3 years to 4 years ago because 4 years ago the story is SO MUCH BETTER!!!! I was driving along Kaysville main street as happy as a clam, getting last minute gifts and preparations for Court's birthday. I looked away from the road for 1/2 second and when I looked back at the road there was a car in front of me and it was STOPPED. I, however, was going 40 miles an hour. Needless to say, she got a big hit from me. I totalled Boyd's car and the funniest part is this: we were meeting Kevin's parents and family for the very first time at a restaurant in Salt Lake City. I was not in my best form that night but it was good to meet the Chamberlain's.
6 years ago - Sorry, Kalie. I changed the years again. 6 years ago we were returning from our very first cruise to the Caribbean celebrating our 20th anniversary. You have NEVER seen beautiful water until you have seen Caribbean blue.
It was such a wonderful trip.
10 years ago - Well, unlike Amber Peck, I am not as good as journal keeping as I should be. Thinking back, Kalie was in 9th grade, a member of Rhapsody in Blue (a singing group at Fairfield Jr. High, and performing in Bye, Bye Birdy as the mom in the play. Brock was in 6th grade at Kaysville Elementary and really trying to get the hang of homework from Mr. Walters and finishing up all of his dental procedures from breaking 8 permanent teeth in a tubing accident. Court was in 1st grade with Mrs. Alder. He had the whitest blonde hair you can imagine and the cutest smile ever. And Miss Alyssa was involved in a neighborhood preschool and was quite precocious. She was extremely verbal and outgoing and was well-liked by the children her age. She still is............................
Wow, life certainly has changed in a short 10 years. The internet was only in a couple of homes in our ward and Kalie had to go to one of these homes to do a report on the Tsi-tsi fly. Cell phones were big, clunky and expensive and few people had them. Personal computers were around but you had to save a long time to get one. Now we all live on the information highway...............Yeehaw!!!
So there you have it, momentous moments in my life.
3 comments:
sounds pretty amazing to me. it is interesting how time flies by from just minutes to years. i'm feeling my age today.....
Mary
O my gosh. I remember that stupid report. It was such a PAIN and there was only one family in the ward who had the Internet at that time! Can you imagine???? How things have changed!!
Wow, ten years ago I was YOUNG!
Post a Comment