Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ahhh, fall!!

This has been the most gorgeous fall that I can ever remember. We were walking around in shirt sleeves on the 1st of November. This is a picture of Court with all the leaves of our tree in front. It took 3 large black garbage bags to get rid of them all.
My favorite is when fall moved from the mountains to our valley. The trees in the neighborhoods were orange, red and yellow. It was spectacular. The neighbors behind us have a beautiful maple tree that turned a dark red this fall.
Last night a wind came up and blew every leaf off that tree except for a few around the bottom branches. It looks so bare because yesterday it was full of leaves. I guess winter is on its way.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm totally feeling the same way about our fall over here this year. It's so beautiful. It's like I've never seen such brilliant colors before. My neighbor has a tree with brilliant yellows and hot pinks. Breathtaking... But can't say that I'm thrilled with all of work that comes with a yard full of mature trees. :)

kalie said...

WHATEVER! I would gladly rake leaves just so I could have some. SERIOUSLY. Are cacti festive? Nope! Is Halloween festive at 90 degrees? I think not!! :(

Rindy said...

We have a gorgeous yellow tree that I can see out of my bedroom window! Love it and I love this fall too. Now I have a little hauler that hooks to the back of our riding lawn mower to load up with leaves and haul out to Maggie and Shitheade. Ooh the spicy, woodsie smell of Fall!