Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and the joys of adult children

The most wonderful thing about being a mom of older children is the fact that when they want to dress up for Halloween they can prepare the costumes themselves. Court informed me that he wanted to be Wolverine from X-men this year. Those of you who know me well know that I am an X-men junkie. Therefore, the announcement of Wolverine was met with great anticipation!! He actually made his own costume, including cutting, painting and sewing balsa wood claws to a pair of gloves.
I love Brock's costume of a crazy scientist. He is such a funny person and had this wild gleam in his eyes............

Does this picture warm the cockles of your heart or what?

The final product, Wolverine!!

Brock posing as a crazy scientist with a maniacal gleam in his eye.

4 comments:

Material Mary said...

too funny. Kids certainly have creativity. Just gotta love it.
Have a fun day.
mary

RP said...

Great costumes!!! You guys are so much fun!

Amy

kalie said...

Where's Alyssa? Cute costumes, boys.

bevany said...

Love the costumes. I was wondering where Alyssa was too. Oh, and I am contemplating doing your tag...I'm hesitant to post pictures of my teeny and filthy house, but we'll see. It was fun to read yours!