It is the perfect calling for me right now.
One of the committee's responsibilities is to plan and put on a Blue and Gold banquet for the cubs.
In case you don't know, which I didn't, the Blue and Gold celebrates scouting's birthday. In 2011, scouting is celebrating their 101st birthday.
We decided to have a Medieval theme this year. The boys came dressed up as knights. We had two round tables with shield-shaped placemats set up for the knights to sit at during dinner.
Before the events of the night got started our cubmaster had a uniform inspection. If your uniform is buttoned and looks nice you get a treat. The cubmaster informed the boys that if they were dressed as knights it was considered a uniform.
Each pack meeting our boys look a little sharper.
We gave out 2 Bobcats, 1 Wolf, 3 Bears and 2 Arrow of Light awards. It was exciting to see how the boys, parents and leaders worked together to earn these awards.
The committee decided to serve spaghetti, garlic bread, green salad and brownies with ice cream for dinner.
Planning and executing the Blue and Gold banquet is a TON of work but I was able to pull it off with lots of people helping out.
We have such great leaders in our pack. Our boys are so fortunate to be where they are right now. Thanks to EVERYONE for your willingness to serve.
5 comments:
pretty sad that out of all those little boys, I only recognize 3 of them :o( Looks like you gave them a fun "knight".
What a fun calling. I got trained for the Cub Scouts and they had me in the calling for 6 months and I have never been called to that again. I loved that calling. It was a favorite. sigh....
Mary
Where are the awesome suckers you made? You have to post one if you have it.
Awesome! I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I heard GREAT things about it. Thanks for making it a great night for the boys. And yes...if you made awesome suckers, post them!
How fun! I have always said I would love to serve in the cub scouts but somehow that has never been my calling! Looks like you planned an awesome night!
P.S. I miss the Creekside Ward!
Post a Comment