Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I must be nuts

It's true.

I had a HUGE moment of weakness last week.

Alyssa asked for a Maltese dog and interestingly enough, the idea wasn't vile to me.

I told her to talk to her dad.

He said that he was OK with it IF she could find a dog that had the following requirements:
1. Already potty trained
2. 2-3 years old
3. It needed to be spayed or neutered
4. It needed to be a mellow dog
5. And it needed to be under $200

Well, Alyssa jumped on KSL.com Friday night and looked and found an ad for this little dog, a purebred Maltese.


I think she may have been the first caller.

She set up an appointment to go see the dog Saturday morning.

I got a phone call from Boyd who told me that this dog is the most adorable, calm and loving dog he has ever seen.

And they bought him right then and there.

He is right. Little Yogi has already wrapped himself around all of our hearts.

He is very social and wants to be with people as much as possible.

I came home today from visiting Kalie at the hospital and no one was there with him. Yogi was so excited to see me. He just couldn't wait for me to pick him up and hold him. And at this moment, he is sitting on my lap as I am typing away.

We are convinced it was meant to be because he is the sweetest little dog.

5 comments:

Material Mary said...

new baby new dog. funny how those canines wrap us around their little finger. He's adorable.
Mary

Amy said...

Oh boy! Welcome to the new world of doggie ownership! He is darling! I just did a puppy photoshoot for our friends -- They got a 7 week old shitsu/maltise mix! They are so cute and maltise are great dogs! Have fun!!!

Amylee said...

I read this post with the most GIANT smile on my face! How funny! I never, EVER, would have thought your family would end up with a dog. Kalie pretends to like mine, but I know she's just a good actress :). I'm glad you love him!

Stacey said...

He is adorable! I love dogs! Have fun with him!

Linn said...

Don't tell my kids. I beg of you, don't tell my kids. Especially because the sight of that sweet dog made me think, "Oh, maybe we could have a dog." Holy frijoles, I've lost my mind. I have young children. No dogs. Absolutely no dogs.

But I'm happy for you.