Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ode to the Last Day of School

Well, here we are. We have officially entered into summer. School is now over for the year and I am looking at a few months of lighter schedules, teenagers at home, a trip to Moab, EFY and Kalie visiting later in July. Alyssa is going to Arizona for a couple of weeks to visit Kalie and then they are driving back up to Utah.

Alyssa tried out for the school's boy/girl singing group, "Rhapsody in Blue", and made it. She is looking forward to participating with these kids next year.

Court will be be a senior next year and has some fantastic classes he will be taking.

All in all it looks to be a fun summer with a fabulous school year following right behind.

The list of people who made "Rhapsody in Blue."

Alyssa's yearbook from Fairfield Junior High.

Court's yearbook from Davis High.

This picture shows the opposite emotions that our children feel about school ending.


Happy summer to everyone!!

5 comments:

kalie said...

Very cute post! I can sympathize with both Court and Alyssa's emotions. I cannot WAIT for July!!!!

Material Mary said...

Yippee Skippee--school is out for summer.....Have an enjoyable one at that.
Mary

Jenn said...

Can't believe you guys are already out! Oh yeah, you guys still go to school when there's snow on the ground. :) Fun posts Marciea. I had to do a bit of catching up on your blog. Way to go on your run! It's hard getting back into it! I'm way behind on my training for 7/4 due to being sick. Argh! I've already told myself it's okay if I walk. What a wonderful way to spend Memorial day! It's great to share moments like that with your kids! You guys are so awesome!

RP said...

I love the cover of Alyssa's book -- and her cute face -- she must be a teenage girl! I remember being sad too- Have fun!

bevany said...

I had no idea Alyssa sang. How fun for her to make that group. I was always sad when school ended too. I'm jealous she has a sister go visit and stay with!