Thursday, April 11, 2013

Blue and Gold 2013

I am the Cub Committee Chairperson in our ward.
 
That means I get the distinct honor and pleasure of planning and putting together the Blue and Gold Banquet every year.
 
In case you don't know, the Blue and Gold Banquet celebrates the birthday of the Cub Scouting program. I just found that out this year. I know. I'm a little slow.
 
This year our committee decided to celebrate with a pirate theme.
 
If you go online, there are many wonderful ideas to copy for pirate decorating.
 
This is what we did:
 
Streamers from the basketball hoop:


Setting up the tables to resemble the oars of a ship:


Decorating chocolate cupcakes to look like miniature ships:

 
And my most favorite...our cubmaster built a plank and the assistant cubmaster constructed a ship out of cardboard. The boys and leaders had to go through the ship and walk the plank in order to get their awards.
 
IT WAS AWESOME!
 
Please let me brag a bit...


And our boys loved the plank. It was the highlight of the night!


I could never have done this amazing Blue and Gold banquet without the help of wonderful leaders.
 
Thank you, thank you!
 
P.S. As a side note, if you ever want to do blue jello in clear cups with swedish fish inside to resemble water, don't. put. the. fish. in. the. jello. They lose their consistency and become super nasty.
 
Just to satisfy your curiousity and because I didn't take a picture of the food, we served sloppy joes, potato salad, fish and chips (goldfish crackers and potato chips) a veggie tray and fruit tray.
 
Super fun and super good.

4 comments:

kalie said...

What an awesome event! And there is nothing that sounds more sad to me right now than ruined Swedish Fiah.

The Tomlinsons said...

What a fun banquet! And it was so fun for me to see the cultural hall~it brought back good memories!

bevany said...

Amazing. It looks awesome...I'm sorry I wasn't there. So funny about the swedish fish. It sounds like a good idea in theory :)

Cassanova said...

soo cool
https://www.riverockfestival.net/2021/01/tips-memilih-pinjaman-online-langsung.html