Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekend Treat

Have you ever heard of Matt Townsend?

He does "Date Nights".

Date nights are a 2 hour entertaining marriage seminar where Matt spends time teaching about important ways to keep your marriage healthy.

I purchased one back in January for the Valentine's Date Night.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to go until the one in June.

Boyd made arrangements before we left to eat at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria and spend the night at the Marriot Suites.

We started our date at Smoky Mountain Pizzeria.

Their pizza is amazing! We ordered a large and between us both we polished it off!

Besides that, I have never liked cold pizza so I ate my half of the pizza while it was still hot.


After we checked into our hotel we made our way to the Date Night.

It was so good and so helpful. I learned a lot about ways to be a better spouse.

If you ever have a chance to hear Matt Townsend, either on the radio, the internet or in person, DO IT!

Back at the hotel, I thought it might be a good idea to eat popcorn at 10:00 and watch a movie with Boyd.

Sometime in the middle of the night, my stomach rebelled.

I felt horrible.

Even when I woke up I felt horrible.

I just didn't eat much...the whole day.

We got dressed and drove up to Park City to visit the outlets and Historic Main Street. We browsed the art galleries and enjoyed the talents of so many people.

We had a blast the entire weekend.

So the moral of this story is: go see Matt Townsend, don't eat popcorn at 10:00 p.m. and enjoy time with your significant other.

No comments: