It would be a good way to have her meet her new extended family-to-be.
And it would be a wonderful excuse to make delicious girlie food.
And chat.
Oh, and open presents...
Kalie worked like a slave to make this shower fun and nice for Amanda.
She made roasted tomato soup with all the trimmings, butternut squash soup with yet more trimmings and brie cheese wrapped in puff pastry and served with pears and bread.
I did a paltry sum total of helping by making the candy cane vase and filling it with mint kisses, providing the flower arrangement, (Done by Boyd, not me. I am retarded at arranging flowers.) and finishing up with my world famous candy cane cookies. Or so I'd like to think.
It looks so cheery and beautiful.
Can I eat right now?
Kalie made labels for each soup that explained what it was and how you could enhance it.
I am not sure which soup I enjoyed more, but you can see that the soup took a big hit from hungry shower-goers.
Opening presents is such a fun event.
I love to see the creativity that people have when it comes to purchasing shower gifts.
I have to confess, cough, cough, that I thought my gift was awesome! I decided upon a picnic theme.
I made the denim quilt you see in the foreground. What you don't see is the back of the quilt which happens to be red and white checkered print covered with ants.
And then to top it off, Kalie helped me pick out a really cool picnic basket/insulated bag that they can use whenever they feel the need.
I fell asleep on the job when it came to taking pictures of shower guests. These few pictures make it look as though 10 people came to the shower.
Actually, we had many more than that.
This is me with two of my sisters and my niece.
And this is my sister, Carolyn and her daughter standing next to Boyd's mom.
The kitchen in the background happens to belong to my sister, Carolyn.
She was kind and gracious enough to let us hold the shower at her home.
It was perfect.
Now it is time for some CRUISIN'!!!!
2 comments:
It really was a fun shower. Amanda is perfect for Brock!!
Mary
Fun! Bridal showers are so fun. Exciting time for your family!
Post a Comment