Sunday, November 22, 2009

Boyd's Birthday

So Boyd is now closer to 50 than he is to 45. He mentioned that fact to me the morning of his birthday.

He woke up early and made omelets for everyone that morning. I knew it was his birthday but forgot to mention it to him when I saw him in the morning. I repented and wished him a happy birthday. It was a really nice, relaxing day, complete with baked chicken and applesauce cake without the frosting...thanks to Feel Great in 8. Feel Great in 8 is an eating, exercise and spiritual program that Kalie started back in October. Hence, the cake without frosting and baked chicken instead of fried chicken. It still tasted great!

Reading a card from the kids. They all wrote nice messages inside.

I tease Boyd about his shoe collection. They all look so similar to me. To him they are all unique and individual and he knows them and loves them.

I also tease Boyd about his jacket and coat collection. He has more jackets and coats than anyone I know except for Adele. Here is the latest in his collection.

Happy birthday to a really great person. I love you, Boyd.

3 comments:

Material Mary said...

Happy birthday Boyd. Many happy B-days to come.
Mary

Jenn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Boyd! On my next birthday, I'll be closer to 40. I feel your pain ;)I'd love to hear more about this feel great in 8 business. Sounds intriguing.

kalie said...

Dad is posing so much like Court in that last picture it makes me laugh! :)