Saturday, March 16, 2013

Thirty

Thirty.
 
Thirty years.
 
A third of a century.
 
That's a lot of water underneath the bridge.
 

 
Boyd and I have been married for 30 years.
 
It's hard to believe that much time has passed me by.
Am I really that old?
 
Do I really have 4 adult children?
 
Have I really been married longer than I have been single?
 
Yes!
 
And I have the most awesome husband around with four of the most delightful children walking the earth.
 
And let's not forget the grandchildren...almost 2 of them.
 
They are the gravy on the mashed potatoes of life.
The hot fudge on a french vanilla sundae.
The heated mattress pad on a memory foam mattress.
You know, taking something great and adding to it.
 
Yes, it has been 30 years and I am blessed.
 
Thank you Boyd.
 
Thank you God.

3 comments:

Linn said...

So so so sweet. Congrats to you both! I hope we look as fabulous as you two when we have been married 15 more years.

Amylee said...

This post makes me happy. I can't wait to celebrate 30 years with my sweetheart. Life is so wonderful.

Material Mary said...

30 years huh? We just had our 25...I guess you are older than me...ya right. Happy Anniversary
Mary