28 years of being hot.
28 years of swollen floors and doors.
28 years of an out-of-tune piano.
28 years of sticky, humid sometimes working coolness.
This summer when Boyd announced it was time to get on the roof again, I said to him, "I hate that swamp cooler."
Boyd looked at me and asked how much money we had in our saving account.
We figured it out carefully and discovered that we had enough to purchase air conditioning.
We have a friend who does air conditioning installing. Boyd called him and he agreed to come and help us out.
Having an air conditioner put into your home is quite a process.
First, a hole needs to be drilled through the foundation of our home.
Next, getting the furnace ready was a job worthy of a magician.
It took all day.
But the final results are amazing.
Hot outside?
I didn't notice.
High humidity?
No problem.
I have enjoyed my summer in a cool, refreshing home for the first time in my life.
And I couldn't be more grateful...
At least until I get the electric bill.
5 comments:
I'm absolutely green over here. :) But super happy for you! I think you should smile when you get the electrical bill and realize you deserve it! Happy day for sure.
Air is good....enjoy.
Mary
Air conditioners are the bomb {dot} com. I am so happy to see you posting again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That bill is worth it!
I can't believe you lived with a swamp cooler for so long. I hate them too. Living here in New Orleans I think I'd die if I didn't have AC. We got our first power bill and I was shocked. It was high really high but its high or die.
Post a Comment