Monday, June 6, 2011

My Baby

This is my baby.

Alyssa Marinn.

She was born 16 years ago.


She was full of personality even as an infant.

For instance, she cried all through her baby blessing. HARD. Boyd had to hurry and say blessing phrases to her when she took a breath in between screams.

She wore herself right out and went promptly to sleep.

She looks so innocent in this picture. Who knew that she was capable of frazzling her parents so well?


This is her wearing her blessing dress that my sisters Rose and Mary made for her.

Even though you can't see it very well there is an "A" embroidered across the front of her dress.


Yes, Alyssa had her moments, but was a delight from the get go.

This is Alyssa now.

Mostly grown up.

Still full of fun.

And a bit of a boy magnet...much to my chagrin.


This is her favorite boy, Tony.


Alyssa loves to play the piano and is pretty good, if I don't say so myself.


We celebrated her birthday a day early because Boyd had to work late on Monday night.

I found this recipe in a mystery book with recipes and decided to try it. It's called "Angel Snowball Cake".

It is one of the most delicious cakes I have ever made. It is angel food cake with chocolate mousse in the middle and frosted with whipped cream and powdered sugar.

To die for yummy!


The usual candle blowing-out picture.

My kids really don't like it when I take pictures of them blowing out candles. But they are good sports and do it anyway.


Alyssa was trying to be all dainty about this picture so she didn't blow out all of the candles in one breath.

I guess her wish won't come true.

Oh well. Happy birthday anyway!!

1 comment:

Amylee said...

"I guess her wish won't come true."
Ha ha! You crack me up! I must admit, when I was scrolling down and I got to the picture of Alyssa and her favorite boy Tony, I was worried that you were announcing an engagement.

Isn't that awful?!

I'm glad you weren't. I'm also glad that you had Alyssa because I like her. She's very very cute.