Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cheers heard around the neighborhood


OK people, if you don't know by now, I am just an average cook. But one fateful day I discovered this recipe that has my family enraptured, thus the title "Cheers heard around the neighborhood. Even I love it to death so here goes:

(Read the instructions carefully before starting.)

Angel Shannon's Topsy Turvy Taco Bake

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg
1 T. instant onion
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg (8.5 oz. cornmeal muffin mix)
Dressings: Chopped tomatoes, green onions, cheese, lettuce, black olives and sour cream.
Combine beef, egg, onion, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Spread in even layer in bottom of 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Drain. Prepare cornmeal muffin mix according to package directions. Spread over top of beef. Continue baking at 400 degrees for 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let sit on counter for 10 minutes. Turn upside down on serving plate and top with dressings. Dollop sour cream on individual servings.

4 comments:

kalie said...

Mom--I can't wait to try this. And just so you know, that comment about being an "average" cook is just a bunch of baloney!!!!!!!!

Material Mary said...

Can I just tell you that this looks ever so yummy. I will have to try this one for sure!!
Mary

RP said...

I think that one will be a hit! I love new recipes!!!! I still need to try those veggie bars! And I don't think you are an average cook -- I agree with Kalie -- that's baloney! Hope you're having a great season!

Amy

Jenn said...

We love tacos at our house so this kind of recipe is right up our alley. Looks super yummy! Keep the recipes coming! I need to get out of my typical stuff.